(This post is sponsored by iD Tech Camp but the thoughts and opinions are my own)
The Ziering girls love summer! They love special time with me and playing outside. One of the hardest things to do is slow down the pace of a fun summer and remind the kids to continue their academics. I have put together 5 easy tips to make the continuing education feel like fun vs. a chore!
1. Do fun Science Experiments in the back yard-
With slime being all the rage, let them go crazy outside with all the ingredients to create their own magical slimes. Give them different ingredients to mix to create the perfect slime. You can add in elements to create a magnet slime or glitter just for fun. Don’t forget the classic soda rockets! They are always a favorite.
2. Let them pick a fun learning App-
There is no denying our kids love screen time. Why not encourage them to pick out a great learning app and allow them an extra few minutes each day to “play” on the app! They get a little more screen time and you know they might just be keeping up with their math work. Win Win?
3. Field trip to the Library –
Kids love field trips so why not create your own. Grab one of your kids besties, pack a picnic lunch and take a little trip to your local library to let them pick out some summer reading.
4. Visit your local museums –
Check out what your community has to offer and make a bucket list to visit museums that interest your child over the summer. Check out summer programming for your museums because you may be surprised how many fun things they have going on. The girls put our list on the refrigerator and love checking the places off after we visit.
5. Sign them up for iD Tech Camp –
The Ziering girls love heading to camp. I have a few key points that I look for when picking a summer camp and the number one is making sure they continue learning while on break. Especially one with STEM (science, technology, engineering and math), all while having fun and being a kid. I love the idea of the kids being in a fun environment where they can learn these skills and not have the pressure of taking tests. My oldest daughter loves science and my other loves learning new skills so a camp that incorporates this is perfect for them! I was so excited when I found iD Tech Camp.
•What is iD Tech Camp?
iD Tech is the world leader in summer STEM education, with over 400,000 alumni and 20+ years of experience. Their mission is to create life-changing tech experiences that embolden students to shape the future.
• What Do they do for your child? With over 50 cutting- edge summer courses and year-round Online Private Lessons, they set your child up for college, internships, and dream careers. Alumni often go on to launch startups, found nonprofits, and land jobs at tech powerhouses like Google and Facebook.
•Where are they located? They have 150 prestigious campus locations: They’re the only summer tech program that’s been trusted by the top universities on the planet including Stanford, Caltech, and NYU. The locations lineup is as convenient as it is impressive, with plenty of inspiring nearby options.
• What do they offer? 50 cutting-edge courses: Students ages 7-19 learn to code, design video games, produce videos, design Fortnite-inspired levels, mod Minecraft, create with Roblox, engineer robots, model and print 3D characters, work with AI and machine learning, build laptops, learn about cybersecurity, and more
Even more –
• World-class staff, proven pedagogy, and guaranteed small class sizes: They recruit the top talent from universities like Stanford, RIT, and Caltech to inspire our students in an upbeat, collaborative environment. With just 5-10 students per instructor (maximum 10), your child will experience the perfect blend of one-on-one attention and self-led discovery.
• Top-of-the-line software and hardware: Adobe. Apple. Microsoft. Nvidia. Epic Games. Unity. Roblox. X Labs. Theircurriculum is always a step ahead, ensuring that students develop the latest, most in-demand skills.
• Real-world skills and summer fun: Dress-up days. Raffles. Outdoor activities. Gaming tournaments. Music video parodies. Pie-your-instructor Fridays. iD Tech’s fun camp culture takes the pressure off so students can build a lifelong passion for tech alongside new friends.
• Convenience, flexibility, and stellar service: You can make unlimited updates to your registration-with no fees-up to 3 weeks before your start date. Need flexible payment options? Camp Specialists are ready to answer your questions and provide personalized course recommendations.
• In addition to flagship iD Tech Camps for ages 7-17, they also offer all-girls camps, teen-only Academies, an advanced capstone program, and year-round Online Private Lessons.
• Sessions sell-out quickly, so get started today at https://www.idtech.com/?utm_source=influencers&utm_medium=ocpm&utm_campaign=ERIN19 or call (888) 709-8324for personalized course recommendations. Make unlimited updates to your registration— with no fees—up to 3 weeks before your session.
If you are interested in signing up check out Here is the customized discount code you can use for a $75 discount when registering: ERIN19
To sign up check out https://www.idtech.com/?utm_source=influencers&utm_medium=ocpm&utm_campaign=ERIN19